A great way to learn more on new principles and techniques when it comes to filing and paying our taxes will be held this coming July 30th to 31st at the Pan Pacific Hotel-Manila, The 4th Philippine Tax Summit.
The summit will be a learning event with experts speaking on 10 sessions with subjects focusing on the changes of the Philippine tax landscape. Regular release of new BIR rulings in its intent to increase collection, and the need to harmonize tax rules in preparation for the ASEAN 2015 integration.
Among the notable speakers of this summit are: Former Asst. Commissioner of the BIR – Atty. Victorino C. Mamalateo, former BIR Regional Director of Manila – Dr. Ruperto P. Somera, past practitioners from the Big 4 Tax & Accounting firms, heads of tax consulting entities, tax lawyers, and other experts.
The 4th Philippine Tax Summit
12 Reasons for Attending the Summit
1. Keep abreast with mid-year tax developments of 2014.
2. Compute for allowable deductions and common violations in corporate income taxation.
3. Hear about the latest on payroll taxes and documentation.
4. Learn applicable income tax rates, exemptions, and recent BIR rulings related to corporate income tax.
5. Discuss transfer pricing principles and best practices.
6. Learn about the most recent rulings on income tax returns.
7. Discuss business taxes.
8. Learn about local transfer, franchise, tax on sand, gravel, and other resource, business of printing and publication, professional, amusement, annual fixed tax on certain businesses, and other nuances of local taxes.
9. Learn about the new rules on tax records management.
10. Be in the ball on tax incentives such as PEZA. Interact with subject matter experts and fellow tax practitioners.
11. Be in the know on appraisal, assessment, rates, and the latest BIR rules on real property taxes.
12. Widen your professional network.
For more information about the summit, you can download the invitation here.