Since writing this article five (5) years ago, we revisited the experience of renewing business permits to guide you through the process in preparation for the upcoming year. You can read all about it here. If you need help processing your 2019 business permit renewal, we can do this seamlessly for you. Register here to secure the discounted quote.
At the start of every year, businesses must comply with the renewal of business permits with the Barangay, City Hall (collectively called Local Government Units or LGUs) and the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR). The deadline for renewal of permits with the LGUs is on January 20, and the deadline for the annual registration with the BIR is on January 31. You can expect fees to be paid includes barangay permit fee, business tax, mayor’s permit fee, sanitary permit, and fire permit among others. Here are the steps and business permit renewal requirements.
3 Steps to Renewing Your Business Permits
Step 1: Renewal of Barangay Permit
• Previous year’s barangay permit, original
• Previous year’s official receipt/proof of payment
• Submit your accomplished application form and the requirements at the Barangay Permit Division.
• Wait for the assessment.
• Pay corresponding fees.
• The release of Barangay Permit, securing of Barangay Permit can be done within a day.
Step 2: Renewal of Mayor’s/Business Permit
• New Barangay Permit
• Previous year’s Mayor’s Permit/Business Permit, original
• Previous year’s official receipt/proof of payment, original
• Local Insurance (Paid at City Hall or external companies)
• Previous year’s Income Statement, audited or unaudited
• Contract of Lease (2018, or covering stay during 2018)
• Community Tax Certificate (CTC) / Cedula (Paid and acquired at City Hall)
• Submission of application form
¤ Submit the accomplished application form and the complete requirements for evaluation. The application form is available at the Business Permits and Licensing Office of City Hall.
¤ Assessment of necessary fees at the Business Permits and Licensing Office.
¤ Payment of fees is made at the City Treasurer’s Office.
¤ After processing of payment, the City Treasurer’s Office will give you a receiving copy. The receiving copy of payment will be presented upon claiming of Mayor’s Permit.
• Release of Mayor’s Permit
¤ Present the proof of payment at the Business Permits and Licensing Office to claim your renewed Mayor’s Permit.
¤ Releasing of renewed Mayor’s Permit will take 1 to 2 weeks depending on the volume of renewal transactions.
Step 3: Renewal of Registration with the BIR
¤ Accomplished BIR form 0605.
¤ Go to the officer-of-the-day in your RDO for assessment.
¤ Pay the annual registration fee amounting to P 500.00 at any BIR-accredited bank in your RDO.
Complying with the requirements of renewing the business registration with the LGUs and the BIR is a good way to start the year. As the saying goes, “it is better to start the year right so that you’ll end the year right”.